-
February 13th, 2006, 02:14 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I was thinking about getting a couple of these for easter basket presents for my DD, I have never seen an up close picture of one other then in the cataloge?? If you do have them who do you have.. Does DD like them and where did you get them. Nikki was going to send me a pic of Felicity but her camera wasnt working Id love to see a regular pic and opinions on them [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.
Id just hate to order one of these and have to return it to the store [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jeannie
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Samanthasmom ]</font>
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:17 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't have a picture, but I got Felicity and Elizabeth. I kept them around for a few months, trying to like them, but I ended up returning them. I was just not impressed, and especially not when they cost almost the same as an outfit.
The one nice thing I can say about them is they truly are a "mini" right down to the shift under the dress- which I thought was a nice detail.
But overall I found them to be creepy looking, with bad hair, shoes too big (they fell off in the box) and overall overpriced.
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:22 AM
#3
Inactive Member
LOL well now that puts it in perspective [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:23 AM
#4
megaagfan1
Guest
I have mini Samantha, & my little sister has mini Felicity, & mini Josefina! They are sooo cute!! You can buy them at Barns & Nobels, & also if you have one, a Berean Christian book store! I really recomend them!! They are great!! Sorry I don't have a close up picture of them...But you can see them in my albums!!
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:34 AM
#5
Ashley1972
Guest
I have the retired version mini Samantha and I like this version better because it has glass eyes. I don't really care for painted on eyes. My doll doesn't have bad hair at all. It feels like the larger size doll hair.
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:41 AM
#6
Inactive Member
We have Kirsten & she is super cute. DD accidentally broke one of the bands on her braids the other week (she actually said Kit did it...that one is trouble with a capital T [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ) and I can't get them back like they were at all. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I ended up taking her braids out & redoing them. They are now in hanging braids that are much fatter than the originals. So, if you get Kirsten I hope you are better at styling than I am...or don't take her hair down! We have seen Felicity, Eliz., Samantha & Kit in person & dd8 said they were "ugly" & looked nothing like the 18" dolls.
Good luck deciding!
Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
P.S. Edited to add that dd just sat the mini doll on a shelf for decor until she got Kit. She now let's Kit play w/ her as her own AG doll. Really sweet & she sit's on Kit's bed during the day.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 10:44 PM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>
-
February 13th, 2006, 02:55 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I have three minis, two with glass eyes and Kit with painted eyes. Overall I like the minis, I think they are really cute, and they are actually "mini" The little cloth bodys look just like the 18" but shrunk, and its neat to see the tiny hands that look just like the bigger dolls. The clothes are fun too, and I've never had a problem with the shoes. You could always look at them at your local B&N to try to help you decide.
-
February 13th, 2006, 03:02 AM
#8
Felicity_Fan85
Guest
-
February 13th, 2006, 03:05 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I have all but mini Molly. They are really cute. The Felicity I have has the old rose dress. I will eventually get the Felicity with the lavender traveling dress so she'll have another garment to wear.
Bren, I accidentally removed one of the bands from my daughter's Kaya doll braids. That hair is so slick and hard to work with! I found out that it's almost impossible to make a braid in doll hair without spritzing it with water. AG recommends misting anyway so they know what they're talking about. Misting the hair helps the braid hold together as you work so it comes out much neater and tighter. Ever since buying the AG hair kit that has the misting bottle, I won't fix doll hair without it.
Julia
-
February 13th, 2006, 03:21 AM
#10
Inactive Member
I have an older (glass eyed) Kirsten, and newer Sam and Felicity.
All in all, I find both versions ugly. The Kirsten is better looking simply for the wig (instead of rooted hair like the newer ones have) as her bangs stick straight down instead of POOF like Samantha's. But then, her eyes are black, and really weird considering Big Kirsten has blue eyes.
Sam and Lissie are even worse. The bangs/curls (for Lissie) are just terrible, and the painted eyes are pretty ugly (especially Felicity).
As was already mentioned, Felicity's shoes are huge (I assume any doll whose shoes dont have laces or straps are), and my Felicity's have fallen off numerous times!
I'd suggest finding them at B&N/Borders/some other bookstore (both my B&N and Borders ALWAYS have some), and take a look at them yourself to decide. Some people are going to think they look great, and others wont. I think I've seen all of them in person, and Josefina definitely seems to look the best.
If they were $10, I think they'd be worth it, but for about 1/5 of a doll, they don't seem worth it to me.
Edit for spelling
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 11:42 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks